At Forest Bridge School (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting this website, you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) and the UK General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Forest Bridge School Ltd, a company limited by guarantee, whose registered number is 08872579. With its registered office at Forest Bridge School, Braywick Park, Braywick Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 1BN. We are a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA231227.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Nicky McGarry.
- Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following categories of data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you provide us by filling in forms on the website https://www.forestbridgeschool.org.uk/, interacting with the site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the site and when you report a problem with the site. The information you give us will include your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share your data. This also includes information that we receive from third parties, such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and so on. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- Uses made of the information
- All information about you that we collect or receive, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used by us in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To comply with our record-keeping and information storage obligations and policy (please see the “Where Do We Store Your Personal Data section below for more details).
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with the information you give us and the information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with the following:
- Local Authorities, to whom you or your children who attend our school reside;
- Education partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. Such information would not include anything that would make an individual identifiable to the advertisers. Still, we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, 500 users live within a particular area) to help them reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to their selected target audience; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our pupils, parents and interested parents will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation; or
- Protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our parents, pupils or others.
No disclosure or transfer of your information will be to persons or entities outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Where do we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners, secure servers within the EEA for a period of 7 years, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the site; and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your rights
You have the following rights under the law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it (such as you have withdrawn your consent or we no longer provide your children with education);
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to specific uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you based on an automated decision.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at the address below. In some cases, we are permitted to charge a small fee of no more than £10 regarding our administrative costs.
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you should contact Nicky McGarry at the address given below or lodge an official complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website (Information Commissioner’s Office) or by writing to:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
The site may occasionally contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have any further questions about how we collect and process your data, you can contact us in one of the following ways:
- Email: Nicky.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01628 202030
- Letter: Forest Bridge School, Braywick Park, Braywick Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 1BN.
If you are not happy with the way we have handled your data and feel unable to resolve the issue with us, you can complain to the ICO:
- Information Commissioners Office
- Phone: 0303 123 1113
- Website: Information Commissioner’s Office Concerns